Manoj and Neema are in our offices today for technical training. Manoj and Neema were the star students in last week’s teacher training session. Unfortunately, Neema will only be w/ us today and return on Friday for more training. We’ve got Manoj for the next three days.
Here is the rough training schedule we have in mind
- How to update the firmware, use test-all, and test individual hardware pieces
- how to install an os image and customize the bundles in it
- Fix two bad XO’s we have in our office
- Basic wireless networking
- Basic use of EToys
- Review flashing firmware and OS
- Add and Remove activities
- How to free up space on the XO
- Basic linux utilities and troubleshooting
- More Etoys
- Play w/ additional activities they haven’t had the opportunity to explore
- School Server – start and restart XS services. How to restore the XS from backup
- More School Server, more networking
- Time w/ Kamana if possible
- Explore issues Manoj is interested in
By Wednesday I hope to have a two-page cheat sheet for basic maintenance tasks for Manoj and Neema.
Suggestions are most welcome!
Manoj and Neema learning basic Forth